I stole this one from here.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Excelled in college, finally. Also, I sold and threw away a whole pile of stuff, which I've never really done before.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My resolutions were to eat more pie and replace "I want a monkey" with "I want a koala bear" (inside joke) and I kept both. This year I am going to walk more and replace "I want a koala bear" with "I want a ring-tailed lemur."
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Hell no!
5. What countries did you visit? Countries? I barely left the house!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Besides a ring-tailed lemur? Maybe a job? A Fender Stratocaster and Fender Twin Reverb?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? None... it was pretty uneventful, thank goodness.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? 4.0 in my first year of college.
9. What was your biggest failure? No koala bear.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Does Wellbutrin withdrawal count? Otherwise, nothing of any note.
11. What was the best thing you bought? There were so many things! I got a Wii, a pile of video games, a new guitar, a katana, an iPod, a new phone, a video card for my PC, a new 40" HDTV, a new lawn... but the best thing might be the Blu-ray player. Movies have never looked so good.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine. I frakking rocked! Also, my wife... she deserves a parade for putting up with me.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The entire Republican Party. I think the election results show that I'm not alone.
14. Where did most of your money go? Away...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I get really, really, really excited about everything!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Andalusia by Joe Satriani. We saw him live this fall, and that song was the highlight of an incredible performance.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, very slightly thinner, and richer by a hair?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Drinking.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Washing my time machine?
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes! With a brand new kitten named Ellie
22. How many one-night stands? One, with myself, and I didn't respect myself in the morning.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Lost.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope, still hate all the same people.
25. What was the best book you read? Soon I Will Be Invincible.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Phrygian mode.
27. What did you want and get? iPod Touch
28. What did you want and not get? A Koala bear
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Tropic Thunder
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 34, and I spent my birthday with my parents, who drove down from North Carolina for the weekend to see me.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Winning the lottery
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Neo-slob
33. What kept you sane? Podcasts involving people who are just as horrified at the world as I am.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Wall-E
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The election?
36. Who did you miss? I can't say for legal reasons, but I don't plan on missing the next time. (I'm kidding!!!!!!)
37. Who was the best new person you met? This chick I met in class last spring, who I also had a class with in the fall.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Hard work pays off, and you CAN spend money you don't have but you end up paying for it later.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. No.
That's it... Happy New Year everyone!