Yeah kids. Fun times.
My wife and I have been in good shape financially, in a position to buy the things we want AND pay the big unexpected bills that have cropped up. We have some large medical bills coming our way, and we'll pay them and still have a little spending money every week. In the meanwhile, we declared this payday the "last hurrah" for big spending, before we start sending 70% of our extra money to the hospital.
So, you can imagine how I spent my share of the spoils, right? New guitar gadgets, a couple of nifty kitchen gadgets from Williams-Sonoma, and a few bottles of high-end booze.
I went to Sears and bought $130 worth of tools, and a pillow from Bed Bath and Beyond.
We needed the tools, because every time a job needs to be done we-- and I mostly mean ME-- spend too much time hunting down the right tools for the job. Now I have a tool box, full of about 95% of the tools I might possibly need, and I'll pick up the other 5% the next couple of times I drive past Sears. All in a compact package, with room for nails and screws and anchors and such. So convenient that my wife can jump in there and find things.
Here's what I got:
I was all excited, and then I realized how lame it was to "blow" money on useful stuff... and then I get excited again, because that was a totally adult decision to make, and I'm always a few toes into childishness at any given moment.